- RT @CommunityCycles: How do we create a culture of cycling? By getting you, you, you over there & you too to bike more! #morebike #lesscar 1 year ago
- Pizza & pedals: http://t.co/FKw192x6 #cyclechic #boulder 1 year ago
- Be the Chains! http://t.co/SGxKBqCp on your bike! #cyclechic #boulder 1 year ago
- How to dress warm & #cyclechic: http://t.co/WVQoehQd 1 year ago
- @BikeChoir thanks! 1 year ago
Some Random Boulder Chic
University of Colorado students returned about a month ago, and they’re riding their bikes everywhere, even on gloomy days like Thursday:
New York City is making great strides in encouraging folks to bike. They’re planning a bike sharing network and they’ve created plenty of great bike lanes like this one (courtesy of Mikael Colville-Andersen):
Sunday, the New York Times had a great column about the city’s efforts.
Here in Boulder, we’re used to bike paths. What’s new here is the ciclovia, about to celebrate its second year from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. this Sunday on East Pearl Street and sponsored by Boulder Green Streets. We’d like to see this more often than once a year – and on more streets in the city!
Here are some photos of last year’s event from Robert Rowe, to give you an idea of the fun coming up:
See you Sunday!
Just when I thought things were about to cool off, another heat wave arrives. But the mornings have a hint of coolness to them, and that makes me daydream about evening picnics in the fall colors.
Here are some images to get you inspired for your picnic attire:
Yes, it’s a bit toasty out there, but have you noticed the mornings and evenings are getting cooler? Great weather to bike to and from work – and to the Wednesday afternoon Farmers Market!